Friday, January 23, 2009

Hey, I'm posting!

So since I last posted, I have shaken the former POTUS' hand, been in the West Wing twice, the Oval Office once, kept a fish alive for more than a few days (I'm on almost 3 months here), gone on a date(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and gone contra dancing.  

So yeah, about the date.  As some people know, I haven't forayed into dating very much, so experience is light in this area.  I think it went well though.  I was running late (as always), and then we had some setbacks along the way, most of which included me getting lost.  Aaron was amazing though and got us through by having a friend with Secret Service connections reschedule our entrance time.  Kind of cool, eh?  Having a brother that knows someone with connections like that?   Chris, a bud from EFY (3 years running) who is doing military training in the area was great enough to accompany me with his date, Lyndsay, a nurse from the area.  My date, Kandi, was also an acquaintance from EFY this summer, works in the area for a company that does group and team building activities in an outdoor setting.

Here's a picture of it: we forgot a camera, so cell phones pictures are all that I have to treasure it...

As for the fish, his name is Botticelli (the bott part is pronounced like the word BOAT).  Here is a picture:
He is a good friend, and it is nice to have something else alive in the basement with me.  If you are curious, over the summer another Betta named Botticelli and I became friends, though I think his name was said "bott" and not "boat."  Anywho, this was (where else?) at EFY this summer, and at one point we thought he had died.  He floated at the top of the bowl for an hour, and then started swimming again... Later we deduced that the air bubbles from having his water changed from an aerated faucet made him buoyant.  It was traumatic nonetheless.
Coming up in some more recent installments, I talk about NREMT testing and results, and the exciting prospect of moving in April... Till next time, I will leave you with this cool video of contra dancing in Glen Echo park. (Skip to about 55 seconds to get to the good part, it is fun, and you actually pick it up kind of fast, more on this as I plan to go again).